This vegan, dairy-free and egg-free Raspberry Almond Orange Cake is easy to make in one bowl and takes just a few minutes to put it all together. It’s beyond delicious, moist, nutty, topped with crunchy almond flakes for extra crunchiness.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda or sub 1 tsp more baking powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk – i use almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or plant-based margarine
- 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of an orange
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cups sliced almonds – more or less, according to your taste
- pomegranate seeds – optional
- powdered sugar for dusting – optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an 8 inch baking pan
- In a large bowl, whicsk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda (if using it). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together non-dairy milk, orange juice, oil, ground flaxseeds, sugar, vanilla extract, orange zest and vinegar
- Sift the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Please do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and set aside for 5 mins.
- Dot the raspberries over the top and sprinkle the sliced almonds over. Be generous! Bake for arund 45 minutes or until and inserted toothpick into the center of the cake comes out clean. (If the top of the cake is browning too quickly in the oven, cover it with aluminium foil or baking paper. Keep and eye on it because the baking time may vary).
- Remove cake from oven and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and pomegranate seeds (if using)
Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days, depending on which kind of fresh fruit you used.