This beautiful raw vegan Pad Thai salad is loaded with spiralized veggies and a flavorful, creamy peanut butter dressing. Try this crunchy 20-minute low-carb dinner!
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded (35 g)
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts (50 g)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or red chili flakes
- ½ cup water (120 ml)
- Edamame beans
- Baked tempeh
- Tofu, baked or sautéed in soy sauce
- Add all ingredients for the sauce into a blender jar and blend until smooth. Adjust to taste, then put aside.
- Make the vegetable noodles by spiralizing the zucchini, squash and carrots, then slice your bell pepper and red cabbage.
- Add all the veggies for your pad Thai salad into a large bowl and drizzle with your spicy peanut sauce. Mix well, then top with green onion, sprouts, fresh cilantro, cashews and lime.
- Transfer into serving bowls and add any additional toppings of choice if you want a higher protein or calorie meal. Enjoy!
Don’t have a spiralizer? For a quick and dirty version, simply shred all of your veggies and drown them in the peanut butter sauce!