This vegan potato salad is a light, crunchy and creamy crowd-pleasing side dish for everyone. It’s oil-free, healthy, customizable and ready in only 30 minutes!
- 2 lbs white potatoes, chopped (900 g)
- ¾ cup celery, chopped (170 g)
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped (15 g)
- ½ cup dill pickles, chopped (77 g)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard (optional)
- Radishes, chopped (optional)
- ¾-1 cup vegan mayo
- Place cubed potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let them cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fork-tender, drain and let them cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Make the cashew mayo by placing all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Adjust to taste with salt and nutritional yeast, add more water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Add cooked potatoes, celery, parsley, pickles, bell pepper and green onion to a large bowl.
- Top with your vegan mayo and mix until well combined with a large spoon. Adjust to taste with salt, lemon juice and mustard.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend and taste even better!
- If you don’t like dill pickles, celery or bell peppers, you can go straight to a potato-and-onion-version instead or choose different veggies to add into your potato salad.
- To add a bit more zing, use some pickle juice to thin out the mayo.
- This vegan potato salad keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days but tastes best within the first 3-4 days.
- Feel free to use store-bought vegan mayo for this recipe.