Healthy homemade crunchy spices granola, perfect for breakfast during the festive period. It’s so easy to make, and so much better than store-bought granola! This healthy Christmas granola recipe is perfect for getting you in the mood for the festive season! It also makes an excellent budget-friendly gift that suits everyone – think teachers, neighbours, or hard to buy for family members..
- 2 cups old fashioned oats/rolled oats
- ½ cup unsalted almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 160°C. And line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the oats with almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds. Then in a small bowl, combine maple syrup with coconut oil and melt the coconut oil in the microwave if necessary.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, add the spices, give the mixture a good mix then spread on the baking tray.
- Press the mixture down, and bake for 20 minutes. Give the mixture a mix and gently press it down with a spoon, then bake for 20 more minutes.
- When the granola is ready, mix in dried cranberries and let it cool down completely.
I like to have this granola with yogurt or with plant milk (my favourite is oat milk but almond milk tastes great as well) . The milk becomes so flavourful because of all the spices used, and that’s my favourite thing about this Christmas granola.
Store in airtight containers or jars for up to 6 months.