Feeling a bit under the weather between stressful holiday gatherings? Why not offer an immune-boosting and delicious winter citrus smoothie!
This colorful fruity drink can crush any cold that might be coming up with the help of frozen mango chunks, orange juice, red beet, raspberries, turmeric, ginger and pomegranate juice — possibly meeting 1000% of your vitamin C needs with just one sip.
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 small raw red beet, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 orange, blood orange, or grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- In a blender, combine the mango, lemon juice, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, and orange juice. Blend until completely smooth, adding more honey if needed to sweeten. Pour into a tall glass
- Rinse the blender out. Combine the beets, raspberries, orange, and pomegranate juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more pomegranate juice if needed to reach your desired consistency. Pour over the mango mixture and stir gently to swirl. Top with seeds, if desired. Enjoy!