Im a totally Granola addict. I could add Granola to pretty much everything. There’s something about the crunchiness that makes every bite so incredibly satisfying. For this recipe i’m involving buckwheat in coconut oil, cinnamon and some orange juice + zest to give the recipe an extra nostalgic kick.
- 300g buckwheat groats
- 60g coconut chips
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g raw almonds
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tbsp maple syrup of honey if. not vegan
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1/2 orange juice and zest
- Preheat the oven at 180c
- Mix the buckwheat, coconut chips, almonds and seeds in a bowl with the salt
- Warm the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, orange juice and zest, maple syrup/honey in a pan and gently heat the mix until all is well involved and the coconut oil is melted
- Pour the mix into the buckwheat bowl and mix everything
- Spread out the mix evenly on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes then give a good stir.
- Bake for an extra 10 minutes stirring halfway through
- Take the tray form the oven and let it cool completely. Once at room temperature stir in the cranberries and add more coconut chips and store in an air tight container for a few weeks.