This is the best baba ganoush recipe. It’s a super easy to make and healthy dip recipe that’s perfect for lunch, snacks, or to bring to a party. Roast the eggplants on your BBQ during the summer or in your oven in winter. You will LOVE it! This popular middle eastern dish is creamy, nutritious, flavourful, naturally vegan and gluten free. Have a look at what you will need:
- 2 eggplants (600g)
- 4 tbsp tahini (i used lemon tahini from the Blissfull Carrot Macau)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/3 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 cumin powder
For Garnish (optional):
Optional toppings olive oil, paprika, sesame seeds, pomegranate seeds, minced parsley or cilantro
Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise. Slightly score the flesh with the tip of a knife in a diamond shape and brush with a little olive oil. Place cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and bake for for about 35 minutes, until the flesh is soft and the skin is collapsing.
Set the cooked eggplants on a rimmed plate and leave them until they are cool enough to handle. Pour the juice that collects on the plate into a bowl then peel the eggplants and discard the skin.
Place the creamy insides into your food processor and add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, cumin, and salt and process until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Garnish the eggplant dip with olive oil and your preferred toppings.
- Serve with naan bread, raw vegetable stick or crackers.