This perfectly seasoned Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe makes a great snack or salad topper! They’re easy, flavourful & healthy! Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, & sugar-free!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 205 C.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, onion powder and pepper. Set aside.
- Bake dried chickpeas in the preheated oven on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes (do not add any of the other ingredients yet)!
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and drizzle ½ TBS olive oil over the chickpeas, stirring until evenly coated. If necessary, slowly add more olive oil until all the chickpeas are lightly coated with olive oil.
- Add spices to chickpeas and stir until evenly coated.
- Bake at 205 C for 10 more minutes, then stir.
- Return stirred chickpeas to the oven and bake them for an additional 5-10 minutes, until desired crispiness is achieved (a total of 35-40 minutes of baking).
- Turn off oven and crack the door a bit. Let chickpeas cool in the oven to achieve maximum crispiness
Store: Store these roasted chickpeas in an airtight container at room temperature.
Re-crisp: If you don’t bake them long enough the chickpeas could get a little soft, simply re-crisp them in the oven for 2-5 minutes.
- Olive oil: you can definitely use flavoured olive oil to make these. You can use your favourite oil of any kind (avocado, sunflower, etc)!
- Spices: let your imagination run wild! These are my favourite combination of flavours here, but feel free to use whatever you prefer! You can even just use simple old salt and pepper if you like!