This is probably the most straight forward recipe of zesty pound cake. It’s Vegan, Gluten Free and absolutely delicious. Enjoy it with a cuppa and a great book for the perfect combination.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 cup non dairy yogurt – if not an option, greek yoghurt will do
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl add all dry ingredients apart from the blueberries. Stir to combine, then add the wet ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Fold through 3/4 cup raspberries and save the rest.
- Fill loaf tin with batter and sprinkle blueberry on top.
- Bake for 60 mins, until golden and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.