Step into Fall with this heartwarming, healthy and immune boosting Carrot Ginger Soup.
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (*optional)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 7 large potatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth , low sodium
- 1 teaspoon sea salt , more to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste (*optional)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice (sub lemon or even orange)
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
Add garlic and ginger, sauté 1-2 minutes.
Add carrots, thyme, coriander, red pepper and turmeric. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
Add broth, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
Turn up heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes until carrots are tender.
Remove the bay leaves and add the coconut milk & lime juice.
Blend until creamy and smooth.
Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. If the soup is too thick for your taste, you can add a small amount of vegetable broth to thin it out.