This raw vegan coconut yogurt recipe is simple to make, affordable and full of probiotics.I don’t add any sweetener to this recipe since I usually add homemade granola and fruit. But if you are not a fan of plain yogurt or need a little extra sweetness, simply add some coconut nectar or maple syrup on the top and mix in.
- 4 cups coconut meat
- 1/4 cup coconut kefir (i always use homemade batches of kefir, but you can also purchase at your grocery store, just make sure it’s unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – optional
- Blend coconut meat with enough water into a pudding like texture. You may not use the whole 1/4 cup.
- Mix in the kefir with the blended mixture
- Pour the mix into sealable glass jars to about 3/4 full (since the yogurt will expand) and seal with the lid.
- Leave out in room temperature/warm place (not exceeding 105 F) for 10 to 12 hours.
- Once you’ve gone through this process your yogurt should have a sour, tangy smell and taste and be ready to eat. Never double dip your spoon.
- Enjoy your yogurt as a salad dressing, over fruit, smoothies, baking
- Refrigerate your yogurt once it’s cultured.