Cacao Truffles with only officially 3 ingredients! Can you believe it?
You know when you are looking for something sweet but still nourishing, rich but still satisfying, raw but still beyond delicious? Well this is definitely the recipe you’ve been looking for. I have prepared these gorgeous and sophisticated truffles for a beautiful family lunch a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit.
You will need:
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate tablet (70% +)
- 3/4 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted peanut butter
- Coconut sugar to taste – optional (the truffle shouldn’t be sweet)
- Chop chocolate very finely, and place in a heat proof bowl. Set aside.
Heat coconut cream in a small saucepan, until just before boiling point. Immediately pour over the chocolate, and use a whisk to beat together until soft and glossy.
- Add peanut butter, and mix well. Refrigerate for 2+ hours, then roll into balls about 1 Tbsp in size. You’ll need to do this step quickly, so as not to melt the chocolate in your hand.
- Refrigerate the truffles for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the toppings: extra melted chocolate, raw cacao powder, hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, chopped nuts or whatever you like!
Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and roll them with the toppings.
Serve immediately and enjoy!