Have a look at what is trending in my house at the moment: Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. Im sure it will be a hit in your household as well. These oats would make the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack, especially for those of you with hectic mornings.It also makes the perfect meal to enjoy after an intense workout.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk or sub other dairy-free milks
- 3/4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp natural salted peanut butter or almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup/coconut sugar/stevia (to taste)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Sliced banana or strawberries
- Chia seeds
To a mason jar or any small bowl with a lid, add almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, maple syrup (or other sweetener) and vanilla extract. Stir with a spoon to combine. Don’t need to completely mix the peanut butter.
Add oats and stir a few more times. Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in the milk.
Cover securely with a lid or seal and set in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours) to set/soak.
The next day, open and enjoy as is or garnish with desired toppings.
Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, though best within the first 12-24.