Get ready for some ridiculously good vegan chocolate chip cookies!These vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is everything you asked for: firmer, denser, more indulgent, just slightly chewy with crispy edges and just all the things you could want in a non-soft chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 1/3 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil*
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 modified flax egg (4 teaspoons ground flax + 4 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
ADD ON INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add solid coconut oil* and coconut sugar to a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the sugar into the solid oil—this will take a few minutes. Cut until only small coconut oil clumps remain and the texture resembles clumpy wet sand.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients: modified flax egg and vanilla paste. Whisk until incorporated. The mixture will be wet and chunky.
- Using a hand mixer, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Mix until well-incorporated and a cohesive dough forms. Don’t worry about the small clumps of solid coconut oil—this is expected. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Optionally, press chocolate chips onto the top of cookies. Bake 8-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. After removing from the oven, give the baking sheet a few light taps to flatten the cookies to perfection.
- Transfer baking sheet to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Afterward, use a heatproof spatula to transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack for to finish cooling. Enjoy!