Herbal teas are great if you are wanting to kick a coffee or tea and biccies habit! Swap your coffee or milky sugar laced tea for herbal tea. You still receive the joy of a warm drink but without the fake stimulants or flavours. Herbal tea has a huge range of health benefits.
- PEPPERMINT TEA Drink peppermint tea to ease the symptoms of abdominal gas and bloating and to relieve muscle spasms. It’s also good for nausea (without vomiting) and for heating up the body and making it sweat.
- GINGER TEA Another great digestive aid, ginger can be used to curb nausea, vomiting or an upset stomach from motion sickness. Make fresh ginger tea by simmering a piece of ginger root in a pot on the stove for 10-15 minutes. When you have a cold, add fresh lemon juice for a powerful germ-fighting combination.
- CHAMOMILE TEA- A gentle calming and sedative tea made from flowers, chamomile tea can be helpful for insomnia and relaxing the body. It also aids digestion after a meal and can assist with a cough when you have a cold or fever.
- HIBISCUS TEA – Great tasting hot or cold, hibiscus flower tea is made from dried calyces of the hibiscus flower, which contains high levels of antioxidants that are an essential part of our diet and help rid our bodies of free radicals (particles that can damage our cells and DNA). It can also protect us against heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer. Hibiscus tea
is great for lowering high blood pressure and it acts as a natural diuretic, helping flush out water retention within the body. Drink it earlier in the day and avoid it after 5 pm …hibiscus tea makes you pee and that’s not ideal when you want to go to sleep.
- LEMON BALM TEA – Lemon balm is helpful for lifting the spirits and can help improve concentration. This herb also makes a refreshing iced tea and can be flavoured with lemon or maple syrup.
- MILK THISTLE and DANDELION TEA- When consumed as a tea, milk thistle and dandelion are gentle liver cleansers. They assist the liver to regenerate, function at a higher capacity and help with the production of bile, which aids the digestive process.
- ROSEHIP TEA – Rosehips are the fruit of the rose plant. One of the best plant sources of vitamin C, it’s great for the immune system, as well as your skin, tissue health, and adrenal function.
- GREEN TEA – is a gentle stimulant which helps your focus and concentration, great for weight management and burning extra calories. All round great for the body and immune system. Has been consumed by the Japanese for 28 centuries before Christ, so a long long time.
- LICORICE TEA – is all – round great support for hormones and skin issues.
- SPEARMINT TEA – Great for decreasing high androgen effects such as acne, excessive hair growth, weight gain etc. Very calming digestive aid and general calming effect on the body.
- I love adding in FRESH MINT to my hot tea, it infuses beautifully and mint is also great for bile secretion and digestive enzymes which only enhances digestion further
- LEMON slices to tea, add great flavour as well as boosting the immune system, enhancing mineral absorption and cleansing the pallet.
- MANUKA OR RAW HONEY- Adds sweetness and also a great preventative remedy for the body considering raw honey has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.