Homemade Fresh Summer Rolls are healthy, adaptable, and make a wonderful light dinner, lunch, or appetizer. Here’s exactly how I make them:
- 4 sheets of rice papers, dipped in hot water for a few seconds
- 10 strips red and yellow bell peppers
- 10 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 slices avocado
- bunch of cilantro and mint
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Prepare the rice paper wrappers: Pour warm water into a large bowl. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into the warm water for 15-20 seconds (or whatever the package suggests). You want the wrapper to be soft, yet still slightly firm and pliable. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a work surface such as a large plastic or ceramic cutting board.
- Fill the rice papers with veggies
- Roll like a burrito and cut in half
- Serve with dipping sauce
SWEET CHILI TAMARI SAUCE
- 1/4 cup gluten-free low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Place tamari, chili sauce, lime juice and red pepper flakes (if using) into a small bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together until well combined.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container until used.