This sauce is great for pasta, risottos, mashed potatoes, pizzas and baked spuds!!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Italian tin tomatoes (or 2-3 cups of fresh ripe tomatoes)
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp high mineral salt
- 5 basil leaves
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Warm a pan over medium heat add the olive oil along with the diced onion and garlic.
- Gently stir the mixture around until it becomes fragrant but not brown (around 1-2 minutes) then add the tinned tomatoes.
- Add the fresh herbs, stir and turn the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and its ready to serve over fresh pasta or store in the fridge in a sealed glass jar.