A tender and delicious salad that had won the hearts of many doubters. If you have been reluctant to try kale, this is the perfect time. It tastes better than you can imagine. I prepare it at home at least 2 times a month and is a staple at the table on any special occasion. You will love it too. Trust me!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD
- 5 cups kale, chopped and ripped
- 1/4 med red onion, sliced very thin
- 2 cups avocado meal, cubed
- 1 cup zucchini, julienned *optional
- pomegranate seeds *optional (I used during Xmas)
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINADE
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp high mineral salt
- 6 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Remove the stems of the kale – tear or cut the leaves into bite sized pieces or chopped into small bits.
- Pour the salt and lemon juice over the leaves and mix well with the hands. Squeeze the leaves tightly with your hands to help the leaves become soft and tender. Keep squeezing until kale gets dark.
- Mix the oil and the rest of the salad ingredients into the bowl and allow to marinade for another hour or more.
NOTES & TIPS
The longer you allow the salad to marinade the more tender it becomes
For a creamy dressing, place the marinade ingredients in the blender with 1/2 to 1 of the avocado and blend.