This makes the perfect breakfast or snack when you’re in a rush but need something substantial (and want something pretty). It’s especially great for the summer months when we’re all looking for another way to cool down and keep time in the kitchen to a minimum.
- 1 heaping cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 small ripe banana (sliced and frozen)
- 2-3 Tbsp light coconut or almond milk (plus more as needed)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder of choice* (optional)
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut (desiccated)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Granola (optional)
- Fruit (optional)
Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until small bits remain
Add a bit of coconut or almond milk and protein powder (optional), and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency (see photo).
Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and top with desired toppings (optional). I prefer chia seeds, hemp seeds, and coconut, but strawberries, granola, and a nut or seed butter would be great here, too!
Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.