It’s no secret that adding breakfast to your daily routine is part of a healthy diet. Not only will it fill you up, but it will also boost your energy level, set you up for a better eating pattern and enhance your productivity throughout the day. It’s even been shown to help with better weight management over extended periods of time. Whether you’re always in a rush to get out the door or you’re someone who prefers to ease into the day without spending too much time in the kitchen, overnight oats are the perfect solution. And, you’ll get all of the goodness you love about hot oatmeal without having to turn on the stove. Overnight oats are super-easy to prepare, portable, inexpensive and a delicious way to get your day off on the right foot.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cups of Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Almond or Coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp raw nuts/seeds of choice (sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds, walnuts etc)
- ½ green apple, grated
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- Smash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and cinnamon and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the oats, milk and the vanilla.
- Lastly add the remaining ingredients: nuts/seeds, apple and goji berries.
- Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in almond milk.
- Place jar in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir well before consuming. Feel free to add fresh berries on top.
Serve chilled & Enjoy